Sunday, March 15, 2009

My testimony on sat

Last sat, I shared my journaling testimony to 1,500 people! And as you guessed, i was indeed nervous! Hmmm... I wonder if everyone gets stage fright some times ;)

Well here's my testimony:

Hi, my name is Jonathan, I’m a cell leader in XYZ, and today, I would like to share with you my testimony on Journaling. I first heard about journaling during our church’s 14 day fast and prayer in January 2005. I was very excited when I heard about it, and I remember journaling every morning, I was on FIRE! I was desperate to know God and experience a breakthrough from him! Flipping back to the pages of the old and dusty journal long kept in my cupboard, I noticed my hunger and the passion I had for God. Every page I could picture myself crying out like King David, not wanting God’s presence to leave me. Every page I could see myself crying to God for an opportunity to be able to share Gods love with someone that day. That period of the 14 days, I met God. And where did I meet him? Through the book of Matthew and… my journal.

4 years have passed, and right now, as we are also doing the book of Matthe, I compare my notes and I realized the verses I picked spoke to me at different times. God taught me a lot through Peter 4 years ago, but now, reading the same chapters and same verses, God has taught me more through the life of Mary Magdalene. Journaling speaks to different people at different times at different seasons. It is not boring at all!

Journaling will always be something I will never forget. As I live my life each day, if someone asks me about the biggest highlight of my Christian life, I will surely answer them that it was during our church 14 days fast and prayer and… also my journal. 4 years has passed, and reading through the experiences I had 50 months ago has made me realize how much I have grown spiritually (and also physically). Meeting God requires effort. It says in the book of James that if we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. So when I took the effort to start journaling, I encountered God and my life was never the same again! God doesn’t break his promises, so when you journal, expect God to come. He will be there! 

And here are some of the pix (TQ Sarah Ong for taking the pix!)

=)







No comments: